Thursday, January 28, 2010

Note for Jess Row

Jess,

I've done most of my critical reading for this packet-month but haven't posted my comments yet (except for on O'Connor). I'll expect I'll be able to get a post up on Barth's "Funhouse" collection tomorrow, and plan on getting a post on Gustaffson's "Stories of Happy People" up on Saturday.

Both have been useful. I wasn't crazy about Gustaffson's prose (as translated) but I had to admit his stories had a powerful kick to them that snuck up on me. Both collections had a definite influence on how I wrote for this packet, but the O'Connor essays (so far) had more of an influence.

It's redundant to ask, but if you have a chance, do send a link or comment here on where I can find links to your past students' good blogs so I can see examples of how this can work.

best, Rimas

No comments:

Post a Comment